Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Now I Know Not To Feel Sad When I Don't Get 'A's

Now i know not to feel depressed when I don't get A1s. Because, according to brain scientist Allan Snyder, founder and director of the Centre for the Mind at the University of Sydney. He feels that students who always get 'A's are not going to do anything exceptional in their lives because by getting many 'A' grades, one is actually forcing himself to learn what other people want him to learn and doing as other people want him to. Let me now make my speech*claps*


I fully agree with Professor Allan Synder's statement. If you look at the great inventors and artists throughout the years, none of them were exceptionally bright as students. Take, for example, the great Albert Einstein. When he was young, his teacher once said that he was stupid, asked too many questions, and would not amount to much in the future. However, he went against all odds and became one of the world's most brilliant inventors and scientists. Walt Disney, the man who founded Pixar Animations, was also told that he could not draw when he was young. However, he too proved people wrong.

Thus, I feel that to be a successful person in life, one does not have to study everything out syllabus requires us to only. We must have the courage to break the rules, to explore the unknown, so that we can discover something new, that may ultimately benefit mankind. Or maybe if you are a boss in a normal office, be courageous to break office norms. Treat your staff like a big family. Care about them. This will improve working relationships and the office will not seem like a tense place for everybody. Work as a team. Look at results only and have none of that boot-licking rubbish.

Everybody can break norms. And who knows, they might just work. Why should we conform to what people want us to do? Are we learning for them? Are our lives controlled by them? No. That is the simple truth. So why aren't we changing? because we are students, and we have no choice but to work our asses off and get a degree so that we can be "successful". That seems like another simple truth. However, I would like to ask if that truly means being successful. Society has certainly brainwashed many people into believing so, but it may not be so. If my dream is to be a coach and I fulfill my dream of training my students to international standards, I fell successful. I may not have a car, a condominium, a country club membership or a rolex watch, but i feel successful and content. Scoff if you want, but that is truly how I feel. Seriously. Without a doubt. Absolutely. Ok bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home